Monday, April 13, 2009

Terriyaki Turkey Sliders

These were fantastic. My 3 year old was particularly happy to be having "hamburgers". (I apologize for the sort of out of focus picture but sometimes I'm dumb.)Teriyaki Turkey Sliders

From: Big Red Kitchen

1 1/4 lbs. ground turkey breast
3 slices bread, crumbled (I just stuck them in my food processor and pulsed them a few times)
2 Tbs. dried chopped onions
2 eggs
1 1/2 Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground ginger

Process all of the ingredients in a food processor until blended. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. You will find the meat mixture sticky and gooey so I used two spoons to work a ball of meat onto the griddle then flattened with a greased spatula. Make 16 small balls in all and grill on both sides for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Each patty should be about 2 1/2 inches across. (I started out doing this and it was 1. taking too long, 2. making too much of a mess and 3. If you didn't know I'm lazy. So I preheated my oven to 350 degrees and took a cookie sheet and covered it with foil. Then I spread the meat mixture out on the cookie sheet to my desired thickness. I baked the meat for about 25 minutes. Then slice the meat into square burgers. Voila) Serve on mini buns or mini potato rolls. Serve with favorite condiments. Makes about 16 sliders.

*The ones that I made it the pan were only slightly more desirable than the baked ones, so go on ahead and be lazy.

No comments: