Sunday, May 17, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Pork Roast

This was good, but I was in a hurry so I didn't leave it in the crockpot as long as I should have. I think that a little bit more time would have allowed the flavors to meld a bit more. Next time I will definitely serve this over rice.Apple Cinnamon Pork Roast

From: Crockpot365

2-3 lb. pork loin roast
1 onion, sliced in wedges
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup apple cider or juice
1 Tbs. lemon juice
3 granny smith apples, chopped
1 (16 oz.) bag coleslaw mix
1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
3 Tbs+ butter
1/2 cup + brown sugar

Put onion wedges intot he bottom of your crockpot, and put the meat on top. Sprinkle dry spices on all sides of the meat. Add the apple juice and lemon juice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. 20-30 minutes before serving, remove the meat from the crockpot and shred. Put the chopped apples and bag of coleslaw into your crockpot.(I didn't use the entire bag...it just seemed like too much. I probably left 1 1/2 cups in the bag) Add the cider vinegar. stir. Add the pork back to the crockpot. Salt and pepper to taste.

(The recipe called for something a little bit different, but it was much easier to do it the way I did and turned out a good result. I just made up the quantities to what seemed good so feel free to do more or less.) In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar. Stir until well combined and bubbly. Add to the crockpot and stir to encorporate. Cook for another 20-30 minutes. Serve over rice.

No comments: