Friday, May 15, 2009

Beef with Rosemary-Mushroom Sauce

This was awesome. I followed the tip to serve with mashed potatoes and we ended up serving it over the mashed potatoes because it was so amazing together.Beef with Rosemary-Mushroom Sauce

From: MyRecipes

1 (8 oz.) pkg. pre-sliced mushrooms
1 cup dry red wine
1 lb. boneless top sirloin steak (about 3/4" thick) (I am too cheap for this and just used fajita steak that was super thin and it still turned out freaking amazing)
Cooking Spray
1 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
1 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped or 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary(I used dried crushed rosemary)
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10.5 oz.) can beef broth
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce

Combine the mushrooms, wine and steak in a large Ziploc bag and seal. Marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally. (I cut my steak into strips before putting in the marinade as it was really thin and is easier to cut before cooking)

Remove the steak from the bag, reserving marinade. Place a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook for 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning after 3 minutes. Remove from pan. (As I mentioned, my steak was a lot thinner, so I just cooked it until it was done, kind of tossing it around in my pan.)

Combine the onions, 2 Tbs. parsley, rosemary, and remaining ingredients. Add onion mixture and reserved marinade to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 2 cups (about 15 minutes), stirring frequently.

Cut the beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices. place beef on a serving platter. Spoon the mushroom sauce over the beef. Sprinkle with 2 Tbs. parsley. (I combined the steak and sauce back in the pan just to make life easier and make sure the steak was still plenty warm. I made some garlic mashed potatoes and served this right over the top. YUMMY!)

No comments: