Friday, August 14, 2009

Zucchini Bake

Alissa gave me this recipe one evening when I called her in search of a recipe to use for dinner with some zucchini I had in my fridge. She will have to tell you where she got it from. On the first bite, I slightly questioned it, but after I had another bite I was sold. I would say to let it cool slightly before eating because the texture was awesome on my second piece that had time to cool off a bit. And my kids chowed down on this. Zucchini Bake

From: Alissa's Friend

3 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup cheddar, grated
handful of snipped parsley (I left this out as I didn't have any)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
4 eggs

Put everything in a bowl. Mix until everything is wet and combined. Pour mixture into a greased 8x8" glass baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. There should be a nice brown color on top and around the edges. When you insert a knife it should come out slightly "wet" but clean.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I honestly don't remember where the recipe came from. Oops! I'm so glad it was good!