Friday, July 10, 2009

Chicken Pasta Salad

I will hopefully slowly but surely be catching up on my food blogging. I have about 30 recipes in queue.

This one is a yummy quick summery meal. We absolutely loved it. And I apologize, but I can't remember where I got it from. Somewhere online I'm sure. Also I cut most of the ingredients in this recipe in half because it made a lot as it was, I didn't need enough to feed an army. The quantities below are what I used.Chicken Pasta Salad

From: Unknown


1 lb. bowtie pasta
1-2 chicken breasts
1 lg. can mandarin oranges
1 can sliced water chestnuts, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1-2 cups red grapes, cut in half
1 bag craisins
1/2 cup mayo (I subbed in 1/2 plain yogurt)
1 (13 oz.) bottle of Coleslaw dressing (I didn't use the whole thing, I just added it until it was wet enough without being runny).
3 green onions, sliced
1 (16 oz. can) pineapple tidbits, drained

Cook pasta, drain and run under cold water to cool. Cook chicken and cut into cubes. Combine all ingredients, adding the Coleslaw dressing last.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

this looks delish!