Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Orecchiette with Salsa Cruda and Ricotta

This is so delightfully light and fresh. Enjoy!

Orecciette with Salsa Cruda and Ricotta

From Epicurious

1 medium shallot, minced
2 small garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
1/4 tsp. hot red pepper flakes (I left this out and I think it was likely better for it. I think it
would have ruined the fresh taste)
1/3 Cup coarsely chopped basil
1 lb. dried orecchiette (I couldn't find this so I used shells)
3/4 cup ricotta

Stir together all ingredients expect for the pasta and ricotta in a large bowl with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain pasta and toss with tomato salsa. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. (I didn't. It was salty enough). Place dollops of ricotta on top.

No comments: