Friday, August 29, 2008

Zucchini Farfalle

All I can say about this one is that it looks like total chick food, but with every bite my husband was mumbling "mmmmm ... wow ... mmmmm". I was a little concerned about his mental state for a while.
Zucchini Farfalle

Zucchini Farfalle

From: The Pioneer Woman

1 med. onion
4-5 small zucchini, quartered longways and chopped
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth (I used wine)
1/2-3/4 cup heavy cream (I used 1/2 and wished I used 3/4)
1+ Tbs. Arrowroot/Cornstarch
1 lb. Farfalle, cooked
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Fresh Basil, Thyme, chives- chopped
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Heat a couple tablespoons of oil over med-high heat. When hot, throw in 1/2 of the zucchini and sprinkle some salt over top. I probably used 1/2 tsp. Stir the zucchini around until it is browned. Don't overcook it. You want it to be crisp tender. Remove from pan and repeat with other half of the zucchini. Add more oil and throw in the onions and garlic. Reduce heat to med/med-low. Throw the tomatoes on top. Toss. Add 1/3 cup white wine. Whist up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Place 1/3 cup white wine in a small bowl and add in 1-1 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch or arrowroot. Stir to combine. Add to pan and gently stir. Immediately add cream. Now add in zucchini and gently stir to combine, turning off the heat. (Add water from your pasta is the sauce is too thick). Season with salt and pepper. Place pasta in a bowl and top with fresh herbs. Pour zucchini mixture over top. Toss. Top with Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

sheri said...

How are the leftovers of this dish? It sounds like something I'd LOVE, but most likely nobody else in the family. I'll totally make it for myself for lunches throughout the week, though.

Alissa said...

the leftovers are just as fabulous! promise... i hate leftovers, but ate every last bite of this.