Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fresh Pear Crsip

I snatched this recipe off of AllRecipes when my husband invited some friends over for dessert and I wasn't planning a dessert. So I found this in search for a recipe with pears. I am very happy with the results. I love ginger and this... well...this is yummy and gingery and sweet. I think the most important part of a crisp is a good thick topping, so I doubled all of the ingredients for that listed below.Fresh Pear Crisp

From: AllRecipes

1 cup flour
2/3 cup quick cooking oatmeal
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon,divided
6 Tbs. margarine, cut into pieces
4 cups pears, peeled and sliced
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon peel (I didn't have any so I left it out)
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Cut in the margarine until coarse crumbs form; set aside.

Place pears in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, ginger and remaining cinnamon; toss to coat. Transfer to a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until pears are tender.

*Note: As I said I loved the pears matched with the ginger. Next time I will be adding some crystallized ginger to the topping. Oh yum!

No comments: