Monday, May 25, 2009

Penne with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers

I was trying to find a few recipes that used up random ingredients that I had on hand. This one used both the capers and Kalamata olives and it turned out great.Penne with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers

From: My Recipes

1 Tbs. olive oil
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups plum tomatoes, chopped (I believe I just used Romas because that it what I had)
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1 1/2 Tbs. capers
1/4 tsp. salt
6 cups cooked Penne (about 4 cups uncooked)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper and garlic, saute for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, olives, capers and salt. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to the pan, tossing gently to coat; cook 1 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

No comments: