Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Angel Chicken

This recipe is supposed to be a slow cooker one, but I thought that I could make it on the stovetop in less time, so I will include the crockpot directions and how I made it.Angel Chicken

From: Kraft Food and Family Magazine, Spring 2009

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup.
1/4 cup Kraft Tuscan House Italian dressing
1/4 cup white wine
1 1/2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces.
1/2 lb. angel hair pasta,uncooked
2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped

Beat cream cheese, soup, dressing and wine with a whisk until blended: Pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. (I used a mixer and combined all of these ingredients in a small bowl. I cooked the chicken in a frying pan in a little oil seasoned with a little salt and pepper. When the chicken was done, I poured the cream cheese mixture over top and heated and stirred until it was the right consistency.)

Cook pasta as directed on package about 15 minutes before chicken is done; drain. Serve topped with chicken mixture and parsley.

No comments: