Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tri-Colore Orzo Pasta Salad

This was my first experience with arugula. When I smelled it I was a little worried that I was NOT going to like it. I was pleasantly surprised.
Tri-Colore Orzo Pasta

From: A Dash of Sass

1 lb. orzo pasta
3 Tbs. + 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups fresh arugula, roughly chopped
3/4 cup crumbled feta
1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries, roughly chopped
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
3 Tbs. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Fill a large pot with salted water. Bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, approximately 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Drain the pasta and spread over a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 Tabs. of olive oil and stir to combine. Let cool.

In a large bowl, add the pasta and all remaining ingredients. Gently stir to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.

No comments: