Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chicken with Apricot, Maple and Mustard

I know that the title sounds like a weird combination, but it is great.Chicken with Apricot, Maple and Mustard

From: Unknown

1-2 lbs. chicken, cut into strips
1/3 cup apricot jam
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp. dried tarragon or sage (I used sage because I had it on hand)
Paprika to taste

Place chicken strips in a 9x13 pan. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour oven chicken, turning to coat. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over Rice, spooning sauces over the chicken and rice. (My sauce this time turned out super watery and runny because I didn't let my chicken completely thaw before putting it in the pan. The chicken still tasted great but there wasn't enough good sauce for the rice. Note to self, make sure to thaw chicken entirely first.)

No comments: