Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tomato Basil Orzo Soup


This was so "fresh". It's the only word I can use to describe it.

Tomato Basil Soup with Orzo

1 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
2 cans (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 c orzo
1 c chopped fresh basil
salt & pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese, to taste

Heat olive oil in a soup pot (I used 4 1/2 qt) and saute garlic until fragrant. Add broth and tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Add orzo and simmer for ~10 minutes, or until orzo is tender. Stir in basil, salt, pepper, and parmesan, and simmer ~3-5 minutes more. Delicious with crusty bread.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

yum. I have some Orzo leftover from a different soup that I made. This is going to be on my menu next month for sure.

Jenny said...

BTW...I did make this and it was heaven and SOOOOO easy.