Saturday, January 24, 2009

Palmiers

Jason ate these all of the time when he was in Spain, so when I saw this recipe, I knew that I had to try them. The verdict is that these were the easiest cookies/pastries in the entire world to make.Palmiers

From: Epicurious

2 puff pastry sheets
sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sprinkle sugar on a counter or other work surface. Lay a thawed puff pastry square over top of the sugar. Sprinkle the surface of the dough with more sugar. Roll dough into a 10" square. Fold in the sides of the dough to meet in the center. Again fold the sides of the dough to meet in the center. Fold one half over the other at the center. Cut the pastry crosswise into 1/2" thick slices. Lightly roll each slice in sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet. Bake in batches in a middle oven rack until golden on bottom, about 12 minutes. Turn over and bake until golden on bottom, about 5-7 minutes more. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

They look good, but I'm confused. I'm not sure how you can roll something into a square. Maybe I need a picture because I really wanna try these.

Jenny said...

The sheet of dough you get is a square and you just roll it out a bit more. Does that help?