Monday, August 25, 2008

Buttermilk Banana "Muffin Mans"

My boys love zucchini and banana bread. So a while back I found a new banana bread recipe using buttermilk, so I decided to try it and loved it. Well, fast forward to this week and I couldn't find it. So I did a google search and found a new recipe and it is exorbitantly better than the first one I found. These are amazing.

I call them muffin mans because that is what Tab, my 3 year old calls them. If I were to call it banana bread he would whine that he doesn't want banana bread, but that he wants muffin mans. Ever since he first heard the "Do you know the muffin man?" song, he has called them this. So I obligingly make them into muffins and a loaf, which to get him to eat we call muffin man bread. My kid is weird.
Buttermilk Banana Bread

Buttermilk Banana "Muffin Mans"

From: Seattle Bon Vivant

2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 Tbs. canola oil
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 3.4 flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. butter
1/4 cup honey

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter loaf pan and lightly dust with flour.

In mixer bowl beat eggs with sugar on med-high until thick and light, about 5 minutes. Add mashed bananas, buttermilk, honey, oil, remaining butter and vanilla.

Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients and beat just until combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake about 1 hour.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

you know that i already made these and this recipe is TO DIE FOR!

Anonymous said...

Muffins Mans. Too funny. Glad to hear you both love the recipe. Which reminds me, as soon as my moving is done, I need to bake this bread. :)