Monday, August 18, 2008

Crockpot Southwestern Chicken

This was unbelievably good and very filling! We're having the leftovers for dinner tonight and I'm so stoked.


Crockpot Southwestern Chicken from The Sisters' Cafe
1 small bag frozen corn
1 can rinsed, drained black beans
2-3 large chicken breasts
1- 16 oz jar of medium salsa
shredded cheddar
sour cream
tortilla chips
avocado
tomatoes
etc

Pour corn in the bottom of the crockpot. Place chicken on top. Cover with black beans and then pour the salsa on. Cook on high for 1 hour and low for 4 hours*. Shred chicken. Serve with toppings**.

*I forgot to throw this in the crockpot before church, so instead after we got home at 2p, I put it all in on HIGH for 4 hours. Turned out great.

** I had the stuff, so I made up a guacamole/pico de gallo mix using avocado, red onion, tomato, garlic, salt, lime juice and some cilantro. My husband LOVED it and I will definitely be making it again.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

A friend just mentioned that she makes this exact thing all of the time. I'm excited to try it.