Friday, August 8, 2008

Lime is your friend. Or at least, it's mine.


That's one thing you'll see rather quickly. I love limes. In all their various incarnations. Including the color.

So tonight, I was finally able to make these cookies that I'd been drooling over for a couple of weeks.

Lime, White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies
2/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tbsp lime zest (1 large lime)
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped, toasted macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by lime zest.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture, mixing only until no streaks of flour remain. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, making approximately 1-inch balls and leaving some room for the cookies to spread.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies begin to brown slightly around the edges.
Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and remove to a wire rack to cool completely before storing.

Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

Notes: I only wish the recipe was larger so I could use ALL of my bags of white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Instead, I have to put back half bags of stuff and HOPE I remember to make these again before my nuts go rancid. I guess I could have made a double batch, but let's be honest about who is going to eat all of these cookies...

Also, I wish the lime was a tad bit stronger. I contemplated adding some straight up lime juice in a very small amount, and if/when I do get around to making them again, I think I will.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm seriously salivating over here. I will be making these for sure.

Amber said...

When I make mine I use the zest and juice from three limes. Any less then that and it's not enough IMO.