Friday, August 8, 2008

Papas con Chorizo

This is a dish that I've been making for a while. It is one of the first recipes I found when I started to "cook", so it is really simple but oh so yummy. The original recipe came from one of those random recipe cards they have in the produce aisle at Walmart.

Papas Con Chorizo

1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Cup minced onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 Oz. chorizo, thinly sliced (I use 3 mild italian sausages)
2 Cups peeled and diced potatoes (I use a lot more than this because it stretches the meal and
potatoes are cheap)
Dash chili powder
1/4 cup tomato sauce (I use the whole can as I use extra potatoes.
4 thin slices french bread
Additional olive oil
Chopped fresh parsley

Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion; saute until soft. Add garlic and chorizo slices. Cook, stirring constntly, until chorizo begins to render some fat.

Add potatoes, salt and pepper to taste, and chili powder. Stir to coat. Saute for about 5 min. Add tomato sauce and 2 Tbs. water. Cover slightly; reduce heat to med-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 min. or until potatoes are tender.

Meanwhile, brush bread with additional olive oil; toast in oven until crispy, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with potatoes.


No comments: