Friday, March 20, 2009

Summer Orange Cooler

This is kind of a "poor man's" Orange Julius, but it's so good. Usually this is a summertime treat, but I like it all the time! A little side note: this recipe used to call for 1-2 eggs. I asked my mother what the significance of the eggs was, and she told me that she put eggs in it to give us some extra protein when we were younger. We don't do this anymore due to salmonella in eggs.
Summer Orange Cooler

From: Mom aka Ruth Solter

1/2 can frozen orange juice (6 oz)
1/4-1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Half to 3/4 tray of ice, depending on desired thickness

Mix all ingredients in a blender and serve.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh yummy. I can't wait for it to be warm around here. I love Summer Orange Cooler.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Mmmm I am SO trying this- I LOVED orange julius when I was a kid :)

Alissa said...

it's the vanilla in this one that totally RAWKS it!