Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Buttery Brussels Sprouts

This was my husband's first experience with Brussels Sprouts. I was worried, because they tend to be a love it or hate it type of food. I loved it. He liked them, but didn't love them. My kids... well, not so much. But if you like Brussels Sprouts, these are yummy. I halved the recipe when I made this, so the recipe below is also halved.
Buttery Brussels Sprouts

From: Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Cookbook

1/2 cup chicken broth
3 Tbs. white wine
2 1/4 tsp. butter
1/8 tsp. white pepper, divided
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen brussels sprouts
1/4 tsp. salt

In large saucepan, combine broth, wine, butter and half of the white pepper; bring to a boil.  Add brussels sprouts.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until tender.  Drain and transfer to a bowl.  Sprinkle with salt and remaining pepper.

No comments: