Monday, April 27, 2009

Cajun Chicken

This has a bit of kick even though I cut down on the spices a bit for the kid's sake. They both still ate it and liked it. My 3 year old said that it made his tongue bleed, lol. But he asked for seconds. We just made sure to serve it with milk.

Also, I didn't use the directions from the original recipe as I wanted this to be a super quick and easy recipe. I changed it up a bit to simplify.Cajun Chicken

From: Eat For Dinner

2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbs. olive oil
8 Tbs. lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. cayenne pepper (I only used 1 tsp.)
2 tsp. dried basil
6 cloves garlic, crushed

Rice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Combine all ingredients except for the chicken and rice in a small bowl. Mix well. Pour the seasoning mixture over the chicken, turning the chicken to coat. Bake for 20 minutes, turning the chicken at 10 minutes. Serve over Rice.

No comments: