Friday, April 3, 2009

Honey Baked Apples

I had some fresh cranberries in my fridge and decided to find a yummy recipe for them. So of course I did what I always do when I'm in search of a recipe with one specific ingredient; I turned to AllRecipes. I was not disappointed. These were fantastic, but I have to warn you, you MUST have vanilla ice cream with them. The first night I only had whipping cream and so I used that and they were good, but the next day I bought some ice cream and had one after lunch. It makes a WORLD of a difference.Honey Baked Apples

From: All Recipes

6 green apples
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
2 1/4 cups water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tbs. honey
vanilla Icecream

Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Core the apples, peel the top third of each apples. Place them in a baking dish and fill the centers with as many cranberries as you can fit.

Meanwhile, stir together the water, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar and honey. Once it comes to a boil, pour the mixture over the apples.

Bake for 1 hour, basting with the juices ever 15-20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments: