Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chinese Green Beans

These were absolutely fabulous. They were such an easy side dish to add to the meal, which is important to me because I have a hard time remembering to make side dishes as I get so focused on the main dish.

Photobucket
Chinese Green Beans
From: BlogChef
1 lb. fresh greenbeans, washed, strings removed and ends trimmed
1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbs. water
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Place beans over boiling water in a vegetable steamer. (For me this is my rice cooker with a little wire rack in the bottom). Cover and steam 5 minutes. (I wish I would have steamed mine a bit longer) Drain and dump into cold water, drain again.
Add oil to a wok or large frying pan. Add garlic and ginger; saute 30 seconds. Add beans and saute for about 5 minutes.
Combine 2 Tbs. water with cornstarch, soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and sesame oil; mix well. Add mixture to beans and stir fry for another 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Thanks! I served these with your veggie egg roll recipe! Great flavor! Thanks for putting this blog together...I have several other recipes I look forward to trying!