This meal was exceptionally easy and really yummy. Confession: I've never cooked anything under the broiler before. I was SHOCKED at how amazingly easy it was! Definitely doing this again. And the salsa in this was so so so good. So light and refreshing. Loved it.
Salmon with Mango Salsa
from: Dinner Tonight
* 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
* 1 jalapeno chile, minced (ribs and seeds included for more heat, if desired)
* 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 cup)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
* 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1 small cucumber, peeled, and diced (about 1 cup)
* Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
* 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
1. In a medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients, season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
2. Heat broiler. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Arrange salmon on a rimmed baking sheet, broil 4 inches from heat source until filets are opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. To serve, place fillets on serving plates, and spoon salsa over fish. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.