Thursday, September 11, 2008

Roasted Peach Streusel

If you hadn't already noticed this, I have yet to post a dessert that contains chocolate. I hate to inform you, but I likely never will. Ok, I changed my mind, perhaps at Christmas. Why the disdain for chocolate? It is not mine, but my husband's issue to explain. However, because of his distaste for chocolate it is very rarely found in my house and I wouldn't know how to cook with it anymore, if I had it.
Roasted Peach Streusel

From: Epicurious

5 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted, divided
4 Medium peaches, halved and pitted
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted, cooled (Next time I will used sliced. It's a texture thing)
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup the 1 Tbs. sugar divided (Next time I'm going to use 1/3 cup brown sugar, my husband claimed the white sugar made it too sweet. I was fine with the sweetness, but then again I am a Solter)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 tsp. almond extract

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle 2 Tbs. butter over the bottom of a 9 inch backing dish and arrange peach halves cut side up.

Pulse almonds, flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 3 Tbs. butter in a food processor until clumps form. Top peaches with this mixture and bake until peaches are tender and streusel is browned, about 20 minutes. (If it browns too quickly, loosely cover with foil)

Meanwhile whip cream with almond extract and remaining 1 Tbs. of sugar until it holds soft peaks. Serve peaches warm with cream.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

this sounds so good... now to find some delicious peaches