Friday, September 26, 2008

Pop-Up Pancakes

This is another recipe that comes from my blogless friend Melinda. She had us over for dinner on Friday night and made these, which I'd never before had the pleasure of having. I'm told they're also referred to as "Popeye Pancakes" or "German Pancakes." When I made them, I had two VERY ripe peaches to use up. They were perfect on top of these. And the real shocker here is that I actually made them for breakfast. Yes, we had a hot breakfast. It was a miracle.

Melinda says you can make them in a 9x13 pan or other high sided baking dish, but I loved the way they looked in the muffin tin. Little bites of happiness.


Pop-Up Pancakes
from Melinda

6 eggs
1 c flour
1 c milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 c butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat eggs till frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix till smooth. Pour into well-greased muffin tins or 9x13 pan. For muffin tins, only fill about 1/2 to 2/3rds full. Bake 15-20 minutes for muffin tin or 25-30 minutes for 9x13 pan.

Top with whatever makes your mouth happy. We did pancake syrup, powdered sugar and peaches.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Yes, this recipe was perfect! This is definitely the recipe I'll use in the future, I might even make a simple cinnamon apple topping to go with it - yum :)

Jenny said...

this looks absolutely yummy

Melinda said...

Your "blogless" friend?! Hey, I resemble that comment. But I'm glad you liked them.

Lindsay said...

We have these for breakfast and dinner quite often. They are delish. (just make sure you let the butter cool a little before you add it to the egg mixture)