Monday, September 22, 2008

Tilapia Parmesan


I was a little worried about using Tilapia as it is typically very boring, flavor-wise. However, I needn't have worried. What the tilapia lacked in flavor, the cheese mixture more than made up for. I think next time, I'll skimp on the mayonnaise a bit as I don't think it needed quite that much. But it really was very yummy and not fishy tasting AT ALL. My children all requested 2nds.

Tilapia Parmesan
from Recipezaar
* 2 lbs tilapia fillets (orange roughy, cod or red snapper can be substituted)
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
* 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
* 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like Old Bay seasoning here)
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* black pepper
* 1 dash hot pepper sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Lay fillets in pan in single layer. Brush the top of the fillets with the lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings. Mix well with a fork. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven for 10-20 minutes or until the fish just begins to flake. Spread the cheese mixture on the tops of the fish. Cook about 5 minutes or until cheese is browned. Do not overcook.

Side suggestions: Rice. Steamed Veggies. I'm terrible at sides. Anyone have a suggestion?

1 comment:

Hil said...

I love Tilapia! It's not so fishy! You can make it thousands of ways and it always turns out great. We usually have steamed broccoli and rice. I have also made loaded baked mashed potatoes too.